sexta-feira, fevereiro 23, 2007

Whistling for the Elephants Book Critic

This is the MeetIn.org Amsterdam Book Exchange Events critic for the book "Whistling for the Elephants". Read on, and find out what I think about this book.

It seems that I read this book a long time ago, now. Anyway, it left a very good impression on me, and I would like to share it. This book is a feminist manifest, and could be used in several ways to teach and propagate the feminist ideas arround the world.

On the other hand, it have a nice, funny, smart history about a little girl that sees the world arround her change from the rich, snob way her mother lives (until her father lost his fortune) to a humble, small city close to New York, where she meets two woman that owns a private zoo.

I confess I cried a couple of times reading, and the book is beautiful, sad and emotive. It worths every dead tree used to print the book. ;-) If you have a chance, read it on!

Nenhum comentário: