sexta-feira, março 09, 2007

Rotterdam, finally

This morning I finnaly got time scheduled to go Rotterdam. I wanted to fetch some papers from there, papers that will play an important role on my divorce.

Anyway, the travel is quite nice and now I can tell that I am an experienced train-traveller. Even not knowing every twist of the system, I know already enough to guarantee that I will get to the right place in a reasonable amount of time. The impression I have about dutch train-travellers is that the're able to find the best routes and the quickest connections between two spots in the Netherlands, being able to cross the country avoiding inconveniences and reaching the desired destination in less time than anybody else.

This is totally alien to me. I have the culture that you should always travel by car, and never relay on public transportation if you have any other alternatives. There is a lot of things to change, here...

Anyway, comming to Rotterdam was the easy part - I got to check the document, and paid for it less than I paid for the train trip. This was funny.

I also figured out that, in the brazilian consulate at Rotterdam, there is only one brazilian person: everyone else is from Portugal. Strange, indeed...

Comming back, I take an international train that was heading straight to Amsterdam, and toke me to the Centraal Station in about half the time it toke me to get to Rotterdam... strange country, where you can travel faster in one direction than another...

Nenhum comentário: